Ice Wax Dabs are a one-of-a-kind type of hash that can give you a clean, yet powerful high. It’s created from ice and water to remove the THC from frozen material, just as bubble hash is. Then it’s filtered through a series of tiny mesh screens with various microns. The powdery end product will be smooth to the touch and resemble sand from a beautiful beach. When you dab ice wax, it’ll entirely melt away leaving nothing behind except for a little residue. You can buy Purple Tic Tac Strain.
Ice wax concentrates are one of the most potent non-solvent marijuana concentrates available. When making a concentrate, usually butane is required, but ice wax is not necessary.
How to Make Ice Wax Dabs
If you want to make ice wax from marijuana plants with a lot of trichomes, you’ll need high-quality ice wax. If you use low-grade brick cannabis, your ice wax will be ugly and bland, and you won’t get a strong buzz out of it. Plant material that has been manually trimmed and frozen is considered the best ice wax.
The best ice wax is produced from freshly harvested plant material that has been hand-picked.
Bubble bags or bowls with 70, 90, 120, and 160 mesh are required on the finest of situations. The greater your material’s clarity, the more screens you’ll need to filter it.
When it comes to making ice wax, speed is of the essence. The sooner you complete the process, the more flavonoids, cannabinoids, and terpenes are preserved. If you soak it for too long, all of the fragrance and taste will be lost from the outer layers of the material.
Before you begin your journey to learn how to make ice wax dabs, be sure you have the following items:
- A full set of bubble bags or bowls in various micron sizes
- A work bag (this should come with the bubble bags)
- A spray bottle
- Two large buckets
- Cold water and a bag of ice
- High-quality marijuana matter with lots of trichomes
- A clean stick or wooden spoon
- A thick card such as an old credit card
Making Ice Wax Step-by-Step Guide
- To begin, fill two buckets with your empty work bag and bubble bags. Stack the bubble bags in ascending size order to ensure that the tiny micron bag is at the bottom and the big micron on top.
- Add the moss and ice to the work bag in alternating layers. Allow enough cold water to cover this combination. Allow it to settle for 10 minutes before draining.
- To thicken the solution, add more ice water. When the solution has turned to a runny texture, agitate it with the stick or spoon for up to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out any extra liquid from the work bag into the pail. Fill the first pail with water solution and rinse it to ensure no solution is left in it.
- Remove the full stack of bubble bags and put it at an angle. Remove the biggest micron bag from the top and begin gathering material with the card as soon as the mesh on the bottom is draining. With a spray bottle, clean out any debris from the mesh.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bags. As you take each piece of cloth from each bag, place it on a pressing screen.
- Allow the collected materials to dry for up to 36 hours for optimal preservation. To hasten the drying process, chop the wax and distribute it across your surface. Water trapped within the wax spoils its flavor and fragrance, as well as causing mold. If you want to make a lot of it, you can press it with a rolling pin to release any moisture pockets trapped in the wax.
How to Smoke Ice Wax Dabs
Smokers use a variety of techniques to smoke ice wax, but some are superior than others. We’ll go through the most common methods so you can pick the one that’s right for you.
Smoking Ice Wax Concentrate with a Dab Rig
This is the finest method to go about it. A rig is a water pipe with dabbing attachments attached, such as a nail connected to the intake. Many different materials may be used in its construction, including quartz and titanium, which are among the most popular.
Add water to the rig’s chamber and breathe into the downstem to see if you can produce a bubble. If any water splashes into your mouth during the process, drain some of it away. Season quartz or titanium nails by heating them up if you’re using them for the first time. When new nails are heated, they may leach natural minerals and give your wax a foul taste as a result.
Place the nail on the rig and heat it with a torch until it glows red. Add some essential oil to the head of the nail. Remove the nail with tongs and drop it into a basin of water after three times thorough coating.
Using the dab tool, pick up a sliver of ice wax. Keep the torch’s flame away from the heated nail for a few moments. Allow the nail to turn crimson before removing it from the heater. Add the wax to your finger 45 seconds after removing it from the heat source. Inhale through the mouthpiece until there is no more vapour in the rig’s chamber.
As the vapor becomes clear, lower the rig and breathe out. This process may be completed as many times as desired. Ice wax is a strong substance, to say the least. After performing the operation, heat the end of the tool that was in touch with ice wax. Clean it using an alcohol swab or a towel while it’s still warm and easy on removeable residue
Vaping Ice Wax Dabs
Another great way to use ice wax is with a vape pen. Check our list of reviews to see if there’s a vape pen that suits your needs. The battery, mouthpiece, and atomizer are all contained in a cartridge. Many vaporizer manufacturers are racing to stay ahead of the competition by developing high-quality goods.
The majority of vaporizers transform wax into vapor in a matter of seconds.
Imagine being able to heat your ice wax to any temperature you choose. It’s now feasible, and most vaporizers transform wax into vapour in a matter of seconds. The brand you’re using will have an impact on how you utilize it. Old-fashioned vape pens necessitate that the atomizer be removed from the battery and covered with a dab of ice wax before activation. Turn on the battery, connect the atomizer, then slip on the mouthpiece when it’s time to vape.
Other Ways to Smoke Ice Wax Marijuana
A healthstone is a glass screen that’s inserted into a glass bubbler or bowl, which is then used as a filter. After that, add some wax to the top of the healthstone. Using a torch, apply heat and begin vaping.
Combine equal portions of cannabis and butane in a lantern to make an extremely efficient joint. Hit it with your lighter for added excitement (for safety reasons). Put some ice wax on top of the flower you put in there using an ice pick or similar instrument. Sprinkle some ice wax over the surface to heighten the effect. Because it doesn’t contain any chemicals, this type of processing is better than Twaxing because it is kinder to plants.
Final Thoughts on Ice Wax Dabs
When you do it correctly, though, you’ll get something that’s nothing like oil. The closest match is flawless sand, and the taste is delectable. To make it seem more like a butane hash oil dab, use greater heat and pressure to achieve the desired consistency.
Hash makers are continuously on the lookout for new ways to improve things. A relatively new technique, for example, uses low-temperature rosin pressure to create ice wax. This procedure is designed to transform ice wax into a substance that seems like genuine resin extracts. If you come across this sort of wax, prepare to spend a lot of money if you want it.
If you have any further concerns about ice wax dabs, please let us know in the comments below. Please let us know whether you’ve ever tried ice wax dabs and what you think of them as well.